This series of briefings has been developed by the Bracken Control Group to set out the current thinking on topics relating to bracken control. The briefings will be updated to reflect other views and other information as it becomes available.
Feedback on the contents will be welcomed - see below.
- Overview of Bracken Control
- Regulation of the use of Asulam
- Highlights from the Emergency Authorisation Application for 2020
- Area of Bracken Controlled
- the threat from bracken expansion and
- the increasing threat from tick-borne diseases.
- Bracken - a growing risk - 2
- Tick control options
- Future developments on tick control
- The linkage between bracken cover and tick populations.
- Reducing the amount cover, by bracken control, reduces the tick population
- Reports on the monitoring of bracken spread into peatland habitat
- The rate of encroachment is increasing
- Sets out the four main impacts associated with bracken.
- Summarises the key tick-borne diseases.
- Some description of the plants properties, the risks to livestock and management considerations
- Extract from HSE's Official List that authorises eight adjuvants for use with Asulam.
- Outline of proposal to produce a summary of different products.
Please use the comment function below to provide your views about any of the issues covered in this blog post or in the briefings. Alternatively, feedback can be provided using the contact form on the BCG website.
Revised: 19 October 2020